Academic Accreditation & Partnerships
The Magellan International School is an IB World School sharing a common philosophy—a commitment to a high quality, challenging, international education. Both the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP) are authorized by the International Baccalaureate.
The Magellan International School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), an accreditation division of AdvancED. SACS CASI provides nationally-recognized accreditation, the purpose of which is continuous school improvement focused on increasing student performance. To earn accreditation, schools must meet SACS CASI’s high standards, be evaluated by a team of professionals from outside the school, and implement a continuous process of school improvement. The School competed its reaccreditation visit in Fall 2015.
Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) is a certification granted by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport of Spain for competence and mastery of the Spanish language. The Magellan International School is proud to be an official testing center for the DELE Exams.
In 2017 MIS will offer DELE exams on the following dates:
- Friday, April 7th: levels A1, A2, B1, B2, and C1. Register before February 15th.
- Friday, May 12th: levels A1 for Young Learners (not for adults) and A2-B1 for Young Learners (not for adults). Register before March 29th.
- Saturday, May 13th: levels A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2. Register before March 29th.
- Friday, September 15th: level A2. Register before August 2nd.
If you are interested in taking the DELE Exam:
- Sign, scan, and e-mail a completed registration form to Victor Solís. Also, send a copy of your passport or any other valid identification document.
- Pay the exam fee and send a check to The Magellan International School to the following address:
7938 Great Northern Boulevard
Austin, Texas 78757
Do not hesitate to contact Victor Solís if you have further questions.
The Youth Chinese Text (YCT) is an international standardized test of Chinese language proficiency launched by the Confucius Institute-Hanban in order to encourage foreign students to learn Chinese and improve their Chinese language proficiency. The Magellan International School is proud to be an official testing center for the YCT.
Please Contact Li-Ting Liu for more information about the YCT, or to learn how to register.