Language Testing at MIS
Magellan International School is an official, authorized testing site for the Youth Chinese Test (YCT) and the Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE). Testing is offered throughout the year to students of MIS as well as those from the Austin area and beyond to validate and certify the level of language learning.
Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) is a certification granted by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport of Spain for competence and mastery of the Spanish language. The Magellan International School is proud to be an official testing center for the DELE Exams.
In 2020 MIS will offer the following testing sessions:
May (Register before March 12th. After this date registrations will not be processed due to school holidays)
- Friday 15th: Levels A1 Scholar, A2/B1 Scholar
- Saturday 16th: Levels A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2
November (Register before September 16th)
- Friday 13th: Levels A1 Scholar, A2/B1 Scholar
- Saturday 14th: Levels A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2
If you are interested in taking the DELE Exam:
- Sign, scan, and e-mail a completed registration form to Victor Solís. In addition, e-mail a copy of your passport or any other valid identification document.
- Pay the exam fee by:
- Sending a check to The Magellan International School to 7938 Great Northern Boulevard, Austin, TX 78757 or:
- Complete your payment online via Paypal by clicking on the button below and attach proof of this payment to your e-mail (registrations will not be completed until this is received).
The Youth Chinese Text (YCT) is an international standardized test of Chinese language proficiency launched by the Confucius Institute-Hanban in order to encourage foreign students to learn Chinese and improve their Chinese language proficiency. The Magellan International School is proud to be an official testing center for the YCT.
Please Contact Li-Ting Liu for more information about the YCT, or to learn how to register.
The Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), an international standardized test of Chinese language proficiency, assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using the Chinese language in their daily, academic and professional lives. HSK consists of six levels, namely HSK (level I), HSK (level II), HSK (level III), HSK (level IV), HSK (level V), and HSK (level VI). The Magellan International School is proud to be an official testing center for the HSK.
Please Contact Li-Ting Liu for more information about the HSK, or to learn how to register.