MISPA: Get Involved
In collaboration with the School, MISPA is committed to support the creation a community of learners who are internationally minded and committed to service. MISPA focuses on creating a positive community atmosphere and enriching the educational life of our children.
How do we do this?
We create and coordinate:
- Ambassador Family Program
- Community Outreach
- Faculty Appreciation
We provide general school support by volunteering for:
- Parent Education Nights
- Room Parents
- School Wide Events
2017-2018 MISPA Board
- President – Brandi Glasspoole
- Vice President/President-Elect – Ellie Falcao
- Treasurer – Sharmila Tumu
- Secretary – Karla Escudero
- Director of Major Events – Tina Bodell
- VP, Communications – Javier Rojo
- VP, Engagement – Roberta Benham
- Room Parent Coordinator – Christie Welton
MISPA Member are elected in the Spring for the following school year. If you are interested in more information or in nominating yourself for a role please contact: email@example.com.
Parent Education Series
The Magellan International School and MISPA collaborate to offer thoughtful opportunities to continue their own learning. Covering topics reflective of Magellan values and aligned with classroom units of inquiry, the Parent Education Series ensures that all members of our community are life-long learners.
Previous topics have included “Raising Balanced Kids with Technology” and “Respecting Difference: A conversation on raising compassionate children.”