Magellan International School Summer Camps
Camp Magellan: Exploring Our World
The Magellan International School will be offering a virtual summer camp this year, 2020, due to COVID-19. The 2020 Virtual Summer Camp provides children opportunities to practice their Spanish, connect with peers, and engage in fun virtual activities such as crafts and movement games! Our goal is to keep class sizes small, so your child gets the most our of their virtual camp experience. All our camp instructors will be leading activities in Spanish, while guiding your children in conversational practice to prepare for the next school year.
Adjustments have been made from Camp Magellan. We will run 6 weeks of camp, from June 15 – July 24. Camp will run from 9 AM – 12 PM, via Google Hangouts. We will be accepting enrollment from current Magellan rising PP4 through rising 3rd grade students.
You may register for any or all weeks that you would like. Each week of camp is $125, and will be charged on the Friday of camp.
- Week 1: June 15th – June 19th
- Week 2: June 22nd – June 26th
- Week 3: June 29th – July 3rd
- Week 4: July 6th – July 10th
- Week 5: July 13th – July 17th
- Week 6: July 20th – July 24th
PP4, Kinder, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
9 AM – 12 PM
Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, Week 6
June 15-19, June 22-26, June 29-July 3, July 6-10, July 13-17, July 20-24
$125 Per Week
We will continue to offer the unique elements that make our award-winning camps so special:
Two-week performing arts camps with full days 9am–4pm, Mondays–Fridays.
Our professional team of teaching artists that you know and love will engage your kids in guided classes and activities.
Campers will participate in acting, singing, and dancing, as well as theatre tech and design classes.
A final professionally-edited video performance celebrating the hard work of our campers that can be shared with friends and family.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
9am-4pm with limited screen time and activities to fill the day!
Week 2, Week 3, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8
Camp Paramount Session 1: June 15 – June 26
Came Story Wranglers: July 6 – July 17
Camp Paramount Session 2: July 20 – July 31
$500 per session
We’ve partnered with Tynker to bring all the fun and challenges of coding and flying drones. Join us as we take a deeper dive into STEM education!
Exploradores Spanish Immersion Summer Camp
Join us for virtual Spanish Summer Camp, meeting online via Zoom Monday through Friday from 10:00 to 11:30 am, where we will have instructor led online interactive content and activities, as well as presentations delivered by our very distinguished guests making special appearances that we are very excited about (we will have shows and presentations by Magicians, Clowns, and more, all with focus on building our students Spanish vocabulary and communication skills).
kidsActing theatre camps
Since 1980, kidsActing, Austin’s favorite and longest operating year-round school for young performers, has offered award winning summer camps for children ages 3-19.
This year we’re going all out with single and multiple week camps, all of which end with exciting performances for friends and family.
Most importantly, kidsActing gives your child a summer filled with fun, friends, and lifelong memories!
Mad Science & Imagine Arts Academy of Austin and San Antonio
How Our Virtual Camps Work:
- Each week has a unique theme that has been carefully developed and modified for the virtual world in collaboration with our Corporate Research and Development team. As we have been running virtual classes, parties and shows since March we have taken all parent and child feedback into consideration to bring you the best balance of screen time, supplies and content that can be 100% customized for your family this summer in a safe environment.
- Sign up for 1-10 online hours per week with our local Austin staff. Morning screen time options are at 9:00 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. Afternoon screen time options are at 1:00 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. Morning sessions are completely different experiments and activities from the afternoon session; however both follow the theme of the day and the week.
- Siblings or other children in the household can attend the session at no additional cost. Additional supplies can be ordered if you would like each child to have their own experiments and activities.
- Receive your camp supplies (packaged for each hour long session for your convenience)
- Sign in to the zoom and give your child the package for that session (log in available 15 minutes before class starts for children to share off screen activity results and have some informal social sharing time)
- Your child will enjoy an hour of experiments online with their scientist or artist and friends!
- After the online session ends, your child will have additional activities off screen. Activities are provided with every session in order for them to have maximum fun with less time in front of a screen.
- 6/1: Moving with Science
- 6/8: Science Explorations
- 6/15: NASA Opsparc
- 6/22: Crayola Artist Passport
- 6/29: Red Hot Robots
- 7/6: Crayola World of Design
- 7/13: Yuckology
- 7/20: Spy Academy
- 7/27: Eureka
- 8/3: Wings & Things
- 8/10: Crayola Wild World
Hour long screen sessions at 9am, 10:30am, 1pm, and 2:30pm with additional offscreen activities!
June 1-5, June 8-12, June 15-19, June 22-26, June 29 – June 30, July 6-10, July 13-17, July 20-24, July 27-31, August 3-7, August 10-14
Varies from $18-$180 depending on the number of sessions
The Summer Online Building Camp for Kids!
Ages 7-12 years old. Campers join our virtual community, led by a LIVE, trained Guide, and get hands-ons, repurposing their recycling to solve fun, weekly engineering challenges. Through the process, they have fun, make new friends, and build the foundation for a vibrant future
CREATIVE THINKING, COLLABORATION, & RESILIENCE
Try 2 days at no risk*
*Cancel by the end of camp on Tuesday for a 100% refund of registration fees.
2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th
Full day 9am – 4pm and options pre/post activities
Half days from 9am – 12pm or 1pm – 4pm
Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4
June 1-5, June 8-12, June 15-19, June 22-26, June 29-July 3
$195/week (plus 1 Build Box for $90 which has supplies for up to 5 weeks of camp)