Primary School Program
The Magellan International School is an authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) school offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP) for grades kindergarten through fifth. The IB PYP is learner-centered and inquiry-based. Teaching begins with, and builds on, the curiosity of the students, their capacity to understand the material and ideas, and the questions they have.
Primary School at Magellan is a Spanish immersion program that introduces Mandarin instruction in 3rd grade.
At Magellan, we believe in deep as well as broad educational experiences for our students. Our Primary Students are provided with regular instruction in art, music, physical education, and library. School-wide service projects and ongoing cultural, global and sustainability enrichment programs take place both inside and outside the classroom.
Mike & Monica, Parents of PP4 and 1st Students
We chose Magellan for our children because we believed it to be the complete package and we are thrilled to have been proven right. Magellan has all the ingredients for success: the language development, the inquiry based learning, the world view, the extraordinary support and love from the teachers, and a great administration. Our children have flourished at Magellan. The time, education, effort, love, and support the teachers give them are unmatched.
The Magellan Curriculum:
- Respects different learning styles
- Offers a transdisciplinary approach, where learning is authentic and relevant to the real world
- Reinforces diversity and cultural understanding
- Strives for conceptual understanding rather than acquisition of knowledge by itself
- Helps students construct significant knowledge through inquiry
- Searches for creativity and innovation
- Integrates music, art and PE with specialist teachers