Magellan is a unique school in Austin and nation-wide. Here are a few examples of what makes us special.
Does my child have to know Spanish?
- We are one of just four schools in the nation, and the only in Texas, to offer the full International Baccalaureate Program with Spanish Language immersion.
- We are the only secular independent school in Austin to offer this programming.
- We are one of the most diverse independent schools in Austin.
- We are growing. Kinder through 8th grade (High School opening fall 2024) are moving to a new 14 acre campus in Northwest Austin in 2023-2024.
- If starting in preschool through first grade, no Spanish background is required.
- If starting in 2-5, students will need some background in Spanish and will be given a grade-level appropriate Spanish assessment to determine their eligibility for entrance.
- If starting in grades 6 or higher, no Spanish is required through our flexible English program.
What is International Baccalaureate?
The International Baccalaureate is a set of challenging programs that aim to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
An IB education provides opportunities to develop both disciplinary and transdisciplinary
understanding through curriculum frameworks and courses that are broad and balanced, conceptual and connected. The program provides an internationally accepted qualification for entry into higher education and is recognized by universities worldwide.
Want to know more? Feel free to reach out to our Admissions Team
or join us for a tour or virtual information session. We look forward to hearing from you.