Do you thrive in a work environment where everyone is expected to be a lifelong learner, surrounded by inspiring kids and colleagues in the midst of a fun and beautiful city? If so, consider joining us at Magellan International School! Read our “Top 10 Reasons” you would love to join us and browse our available career opportunities below!
Top 10 Reasons to Work at Magellan International School
1. Joy Factor: We believe learning should be fun, and we value seeing joy every day in all of our classrooms. Our staff support each other as a community of one, bringing passion, excitement, and adventure to each campus every week! We work hard on not only promoting our students, but our staff members as well.
2. True Language Immersion: At Magellan, children from PrePrimary to 5th grade spend large portions of their day hearing and using their target language. All Magellan teachers have native-level fluency in the languages which they instruct. They hail from many different countries, allowing children to learn a variety of native accents, speech patterns and expressions from across the English, Spanish and Mandarin speaking worlds. As a result, our students achieve a higher level of fluency than students in partial immersion programs.
3. Inclusion: Here at Magellan International School, we pride ourselves on being role models for our students. MIS employees experience a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organization’s success.
4. Community Involvement: Magellan International School is not just a place to work, it is a place to create long-lasting friendships and ties to the community. From gatherings at winter break with all the staff, to eventful orientations, staff members become a strong community with one another. We promote employees working together on impact projects in the community and showing their skills and talents during our multiple events throughout the year.
5. Excellent Benefits: Your health is our top priority! We offer group medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits for all full-time staff, including several 100% employer-paid options on health insurance and supplemental plans. We also offer a 401(k) with employer matching contributions, a generous amount of Paid Time Off, and tuition remission for children of qualifying employees.
6. Make an Impact: See your work make a true difference! As a non-profit, Magellan allows employees to see their dedication and hard work as the school grows and is supported by donors throughout the community.
7. Commitment to Diversity: Our community is diverse in every dimension. Families and staff of all races, religions, persuasions, and circumstances feel at home at Magellan International School. What we all have in common is a welcoming attitude and a passion for world class education!
8. Freedom to Innovate and Support to Grow: Our inspiring international faculty are guides who encourage students to believe in their own talents and to take ownership of their own unique paths of learning. We strive to give each of our students numerous opportunities to develop their individual interests and to cultivate them through a curriculum of inquiry and engagement as well as enrichment and extracurricular activities.
9. Personalized Coaching and Professional Development: Teachers are routinely observed by their coordinators and collectively meet with their departments to support one another and promote different approaches to learning. Magellan International School promotes faculty and staff members in professional development, complete with a grant application process, to promote individual growth and learning in their chosen field.
10. One Unified Mission: At Magellan, employees enjoy working among a mission-aligned team. We are all here for the same reason – to prepare our students as global citizens. We assume the best in one another, we trust each other, and we believe that all students deserve the right to an excellent education.
“Our school prepares children to thrive as global citizens of the 21st century with the knowledge, skills and values to make informed and intelligent decisions in an increasingly competitive world and to champion sustainability and understanding. We are a united community of different cultures committed to world class education and lifelong learning.”
New to Austin, TX? Click on the links below to learn more about living in our vibrant and growing city!
The 50 best places to live in America, ranked [Business Insider, 2020]
These are the 10 best places to live in the US in 2019 [US News & World Report, 2019]
Best Places for Business and Careers List [Forbes, 2019]
Things to Do & Places to Visit in Austin, Texas [Visit Austin, 2020]
100+ Free Things to Do in Austin [Austin.com, 2017]
25+ Free Things to Do with Kids in Austin, Texas [Travelingmom.com, 2020]