Starting at Magellan
Return to FAQs Home
Who can help me if I have questions about getting ready to start school during the summer?
Where can I find uniforms for my child? Do I have to purchase everything through Lands End?
You can purchase bottoms for your child (navy or khaki for PP3 to 5th, khaki or navy for Middle School) at any store you choose.
All students must wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes to school. Most of our students wear sneakers. More information about the school uniform can be found in our Parent Handbook.
What are the daily schedules for students, and how do I know what is happening in the classroom?
My child doesn’t speak Spanish - will he/she feel out of place in the classroom?
Will my child get a nap at school?
What does my child need for the first day/week of school?
PP3 and PP4 (see Preschool Checklist for more detail)
- Nap roll (a thin mat with an attached blanket and pillow) inside a non-pervious bag (extra large ziploc, etc to prevent the spread of germs and lice). Nap rolls are placed on top of nap cots at nap time, which are provided by Magellan. Nap cots are 54” long.
- Complete change of clothes in a gallon-size, sealed plastic bag. (Hint: grab your child’s change of clothes at MISPA’s used uniform sale in August!)
- Water bottle and lunch (morning snack is provided by MIS). Water bottles can be refilled as needed throughout the day. Lunches that need to be heated must be sent in a microwavable container.
- For PP4 only, a backpack large enough to hold a 9”x12” folder.
Kindergarten – 8th grade
- Water bottle and lunchbox.
- Morning snack (optional).
- Backpack large enough to hold a 9”x12” folder.
Why am I paying educational resource fees in addition to tuition?
All school supplies, books, equipment and the costs for local field trips are provided by Magellan for all grades. The cost of supplies is covered by the Educational Resource Fee.